Want to keep up with some of the best trends and thinking in library land? Start with these blogs…
- Tame the Web: Libraries, Technology, and People – Michael Stephens -Assistant Professor at Dominican University and soon-to-be Assistant Professor at San Jose State University – was the single force that got me started on my path to learning and keeping up with technology, particularly related to technology in libraries. He is insightful and delightful and has his thumb on the pulse of what’s changing.
- ALA Tech Source – posts workshops and training opportunities plus articles on trends and staff development related to technology.
- The Unquiet Library – Buffy Hamilton is Media Specialist at Creekview High School in Georgia and she knows how to integrate technology for learning. Buffy’s blog is a model of what 21st century libraries ought to be doing with and for their patrons.
- Librarian in Black – Sarah Houghton-Jan is assistant director at San Rafael Public Library and has been a tech trend-spotter for a while now. She brings news and tips on tech in libraries. She’s frank and funny and knows her stuff.
- Librarian by Day – Bobbi Newman’s passion for improving library services through digital technologies is clear. Stop by this blog – you’ll learn a lot.
- David Lee King: Social Web – Emerging Trend – Libraries – David Lee King focuses on library websites and emerging tech and he does it with flair.
- Library Bytes – Helene Blowers is the creator of Learning 2.0: 23 Things, the “online discovery program” that launched a lot of schools, libraries, and other groups into the digital age… Bless her! Learning 2.1 – is a blog that supported the Learning 2.0 program (see #7) highlighting “new discoveries that may serve libraries” but it’s no longer being updated. Still, some good stuff there.
- Libraryman: Libraries, Community, Technology and PEZ – MichaelPorter, aka Libraryman, is a passion-driven supporter of libraries, and CEO of Library Renewal, an organization dedicated to helping libraries offer electronic content.
- Librarians Matter – Kathryn Greenhill is an Australian university lecturer that writes about libraries the impact of emerging technologies. She’s good at balancing the personal with the professional.
- Mashable – not library specific, but if you want to follow the latest news, and trends in social media, this is it.